Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19
The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is impacting households, communities, and businesses. A new national survey shows that 1 in 5 households in the US have already had their income cut or stopped altogether. The frequently asked questions below highlight some common financial challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The answer to each question has links to government websites and the types of assistance that might be available. We will be adding additional information as new policies and resources are put into place.
Finding reliable parenting information and advice on the web can be overwhelming! How do you know what you can trust — especially when you are busy and there’s just so little time?
Just in Time Parenting is a free parenting newsletter that is delivered by email and specific to a child’s age and needs. They are designed so that information that’s relevant to your family is automatically delivered to you just in time!
Other Helpful WebsitesFoods & Nutrition
- UW-Extension Food and Nutrition publications
- Partnership for Food Safety Education – FightBac!
- Food & Nutrition Information Center (USDA National Agricultural Library)
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Food Safety – Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
- Nutrition.gov (Guide to Nutrition & Health Information on Federal Government websites)
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Nutrition & Physical Activity information from US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention